On the Chalkboard
Define, review and debate the meaning of the following:
- Inclusive Health Care
- Affordable Health Care
- Accessible Health Care
- Accountable Health Care
- Discuss: Is health care a church or state responsibility?
Read Acts 3:1-10
- What happens in this story?
- According to Acts, Christ’s ministry of healing passes onto his disciples. What is the connection between physical healing and spiritual wholeness?
- How do Christ’s disciples carry out a ministry of healing today?
- Are there any faith-based health care ministries in your area?
- What local needs could be met by such ministries?
- What faith-based health care ministries could you do in your community?
By Way of Concluding…
List of contacts for more information:
- Health Care Sabbath: http://woconsole.brickriver.com/files/oFiles_Library_XZXLCZ/Health_Care_Sabbath_Re-write_J5JPMGBP.pdf
- Other related worship resources can be found at www.westohioumc.org/healthcare
- Health Care Bible Study: http://woconsole.brickriver.com/files/oFiles_Library_XZXLCZ/Ezekiel_Health_Care_Justice_Handouts_EZTWCMQM.pdf
- Join the West Ohio Justice Network
- Host a Community Conversation about Health Care Reform, and invite Rev. Julia Nielsen Bingman to lead or present information.
Rev. Julia Nielsen Bingman
UHCAN Ohio and New Horizons/Hilltonia UMC
614.456.0060 x 229, firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Do Next
- What actions or next steps do people feel led to do?
- What closing questions, comments or concerns do you have?